Let Him answer your prayers
"When we pray, God hears more than we say, answers more than we ask, gives more than we imagine, in His own time and in His own way."
~Worship GIFS
I believe turning to prayer in challenging times is one of the best moves you can make. After all, why not pray to the One who has given us life and who promises us His eternal kingdom? So I did just that. And each day in the last two years I've ended my prayers asking God for one thing, my one wish, my husband's one wish. I remember thinking this past summer, why isn't God answering my prayer? I have literally cried out this prayer more times than I can even count! There has to be a reason He isn't fulfilling my one desire. Isn't he listening? Why wasn't prayer working! What had I done wrong for Him not to answer?
Now I understand....
I didn't let God answer my prayers. I was praying, but I was expecting my prayer to be answered the way I thought it should be. The way that fit in my plan. I thought my prayers weren't being answered because I had this idea in my mind that my prayers could only be answered in one way...my way. I was hanging on to the hope that they would be. Therefore, I wasn't letting Him answer.
But the truth is (which I wish I had realized months ago) God heard every single prayer I said. He still does. And He is answering them. He was answering my prayers this whole time, just way differently than I ever expected, and I had chosen not to see it. Talk about having my blinders on! I wasn't letting God do His work in my life. I now know I need to let God answer my prayers...I need to let God answer HIS way. Don't get me wrong...it's a work-in-progress :) Sometimes I catch myself thinking that my way would be easier. But then I remember, like the quote above says, He will answer more than we ask. Just keep believing! I pray that you are able to let God answer your prayers...in His way. After all, His way is far more perfect than we could ever imagine anyways.
This is so true, but so hard to remember when we want what WE want!
ReplyDelete