Miracles
“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take
heart and wait for the Lord.”
Psalm 27:14
Miracles...On a quiet Saturday morning 2 ½ years ago, ours was
given to us. It is almost hard to completely put into words what it was
like the moment our lives were forever changed. If you followed my blog a
couple years ago, you’ll know our miracle came after a couple years of
heartache. And just like that, there was the light at the end of the
tunnel.
Our little Miss Harper is more than just a miracle. She is
one of the most beautiful gifts God could ever give us. We joke about
trying to remember what our life was like before she was here. She also
is our constant reminder that God had a perfect plan for us in His perfect
timing. She reminds us that we CAN trust Him in every aspect of our
lives. And she reminds us that there is still so much good in this world.
She also reminds us how she can do things herself, when Mickey Mouse is
on, and which direction to the park.
I took a break from blogging when I found out I was pregnant with
Harper. I still shake my head as to why. I wanted to write blog
after blog about how thankful we were and how God was and is so good!
However, deep down I thought if blogged like I did when we were going
through those two years of waiting for her, I would jinx the current pregnancy.
I still laugh at how ridiculous that was, but at the time, that was an
honest fear for me. The fear won that time. And since she has been
born, I have felt God gently tugging at my heart to get back to it. I
knew I still had stories to share and hopes of reaching out and connecting with
others, but my “I’ll do it tomorrow” excuse seemed to always win.
About a year and half ago we decided to embark on the adventure of
growing our family again. Unfortunately, the road has been just as
difficult. During this take-two of the Omland Babies, God has made it
quite clear in my heart that now is the time to share again. Not for
sympathy. We do not need that. It is quite the opposite actually.
I’ve found in sharing our story before, I was able to reach others going through
similar situations. Others were able to reach me. What a blessing
it was! My eyes were able to see so much more of the beauty of God’s
world. And, in all honesty, it was an outlet for me to process it all.
So here I am again. Waiting. Questioning.
Hoping. Scared. Thankful. Maybe you are too.
During the “waiting” times of life, I truly believe some of the
most beautiful things can happen. I’ve seen it happen before. And
my hope is I’ll see it again.
Thank you for sharing! We had to wait three years before we met our Nora. I’ve always felt a (self-inflicted) shame surrounding our fertility struggles and I doubt I’m the only one. Every time someone speaks up about the issue, it becomes a little less taboo and a little more “acceptable” to talk about.
ReplyDelete